The Daughters of Divine Charity, a religious order of Sisters, were invited to staff our Lady of Hungary School. Three Sisters arrived on September 3rd, 1927, amid the ringing of the church bells and much jubilation by the parishioners and soon to be students.
To view a list of all the Sisters who spent many years working with the good priests, wonderful people and fine students at Our Lady of Hungary Parish from 1927 – 1993, click here.
Today there are ten lay teachers and a lay principal staffing the school. The Sister’s convent has been turned into a Chapter 1 tutoring sight. In addition to religious education and preparation for the Blessed Sacraments, the teachers instruct students in all major educational disciplines.
Special programs include: computers, music, gym and art education, as well as extra curricular activities such as boys and girls team sports and cheerleading. Our Lady of Hungary offers a hot lunch program, free milk program and text book assistance to qualified students. Experimental classes are offered in science and algebra as well as educational field trips. Foreign language was offered beginning in the 1995-96 school year.